Nokia 3310 (2017) TA-1030 how to recover messages

DR_CZ

Nokia 3310 (2017) TA-1030 how to recover messages

Post by DR_CZ »

Dear support team,

we have a Nokia model TA-1030 with software version 11.02.11 where phone displays "contact service" error on the screen. We have successfully recovered PhoneBook using latest Infinity-Box BEST NK2 software module (ver1.20) simply by pressing "Recover PhoneBook" button (worked great!), however we are not able to recover stored SMS, which we urgently need to be recovered. When I click "Recover Gallery/Messages" button process goes well, there are no errors displayed, job finishes successfully, however I cannot find any recovered SMS in folder C:\InfinityBox\BEST2\phdata :( There are only couple of files with Opera Mini browser settings and default bookmarks. How can I recover SMS? Does BEST NK2 module support this functionality? In case it does not, what can I do in order to recover SMS?

SMS recovery is the reason, why we bought this product in the first place, however it seems to be not working. I have tried recovery directly from USB connected phone and also from EEPROM binary dump with Shift pressing the button and choosing dump file. Both methods worked the same - no problem with PhoneBook, nevertheless no SMS recovered.

As worst case scenario I'm even willing to search and parse SMS data manually from the RAW memory binary data, however to my understanding user area is compressed using MTK proprietary compression. Is it possible to get decompressed user area data block using Infinity software or any other tools?